Established in 2011, RRD’s Mexican supply chain facility is located in San Jeronimo, half a mile from the New Mexico international border. It offers all the advantages of a Mexican location with quick and easy access to U.S. distribution infrastructure. This 162,000 square foot facility offers lower cost production, proximity to the U.S. market, greater flexibility and responsiveness in serving the technology, medical and telecom industries.
- Medical device assembly/packaging
- Sterilization management
- Packaging design
- Kit component procurement
- Kitting, configuration & fulfillment
- Computer/hard drive configuration
- Advanced testing and software re-flashing capability
- ISO 13485 accredited
- ISO 9001 accredited
- FDA registered
- TAPA compliant
- IMMEX certified for service & manufacturing
- C-TPAT certified
- “Empresa certificada” approved
- Demand Management/MRP/Procurement
- Lean Manufacturing Engineering
- Test Engineering
- IT Configuration
- Supplier Quality Engineering
- Logistics and Traffic Management
- Inventory Management
- Automated customs operations system
- IVA (Mexican sales tax) recovery
- 100% external audit compliance
Your business can benefit from the Maquiladora model offering:
- Avoidance of the General Import Tax, which varies according to the type of import
- Recovery of import sales taxes for permanently imported items
- Reduced customs fees
- Recovery of all sales taxes on purchases in Mexico
- Promotion (PROSEC) programs to eliminate or reduce most-favored-nation import duties on various kinds of inputs.
Nearshoring as an Alternative
As labor rates and freight costs in Asia continue to increase - many companies are beginning to look at alternative supply chains. As a consequence, Mexico has re-emerged as a viable and attractive alternative.
Labor rates are competitive with China and other Asian countries. Furthermore, bulk shipment of components to RRD’s San Jeronimo facility:
- Reduces inventory carrying costs
- Improves forecasting
- Increases supply chain flexibility
- Permits shipments of finished goods by low cost/low-carbon footprint ground transportation.
For companies wishing to serve the North American market, our nearshoring facility in San Jeronimo can help customers improve their market share, increase profits, and ensure speed to market.
- San Jeronimo is in the municipality of Juarez and offers an alternative crossing to the busy El Paso/Ciudad Juarez ports of entry.
- The crossing is 12 miles from interstate 10 and 30 minutes from downtown El Paso
- The site is located just one mile from the US border.
Why San Jeronimo?
- San Jeronimo is the port of entry in the Mexican state of Chihuahua across the US border from Santa Teresa, New Mexico
- The Facility is located at the border crossing so it offers all the advantages of a Mexican location with quick and easy access to the US Distribution infrastructure.