Postal Action Alert: Suspension of Marketing Mail to Specific Zips in Florida
Update: Suspension of Marketing Mail to Specific Zips in Ft. Meyers and Naples FL
Per a USPS Industry Alert (12/9/2022) and consultation with representatives of the Business Service Network — the Postal Service has revised the list of zip codes that are still not accepting USPS Marketing Mail letters and flats due to the damage and long term impact inflicted by Hurricane Ian.
Accordingly, the USPS Southern Area Delivery & Retail Operations have announced continued suspension of USPS Marketing Mail letters and flats to the following ten 5-digit zip codes in the Ft. Myers and Naples Florida areas.
- Bokeelia PO, 33922, 15980 String Fellow Rd, Bokeelia, FL 33922-9998
- Fort Myers (Downtown), 33901, 1350 Monroe St, Fort Myers, FL 33901-9998
- Fort Myers Beach PO, 33931, 200 Carolina Ave, Fort Myers, FL 33931-9998
- Fort Myers Beach PO, 33932, 200 Carolina Ave, Fort Myers, FL 33932-9998
- Pineland PO, 33945, 7450 Pineland Rd, Pineland, FL 33945-9800
- Placida PO, 33946, 8601 Placida Rd, Placida, FL 33946-9998
- Sanibel PO, 33957, 650 Tarpon Bay Rd, Sanibel, FL 33957-9998
- Everglades City PO, 34139, 601 Collier Ave, Everglades City, FL 34139-9800
- Naples (Downtown), 34102, 860 6th Ave S, Naples, FL 34102-6706
- Captiva PO, 33924, 14812 Captiva Dr. SW, Captiva, FL 33924-9800
Accordingly, the Postal Service is asking both its Mail Owners and Mail Service Providers for their cooperation to curtail the creation of any new Marketing Mail to the affected areas. To assist the Postal Service during this recovery period for these Florida communities — RRD is recommending the following options to its Mail Owner clients:
- Option #1: Eliminate Names and Addresses going to these 10 zip codes from input files sent to RRD for processing. Pursuing this action will result in no postage cost or special list suppression costs.
- Option #2: On Name and Address files that have been recently received but have NOT been presorted, RRD with Client approval — will suppress records going to these 10 zip codes and provide summary counts of the number of records affected. Pursuing this action will result in no postage cost and nominal list suppression costs.
Note: Please communicate with your primary RRD contact regarding your choice of the two options above, and to discuss costs for list suppression.
The USPS has not given any indication of when any of these 10 zip codes will be available to receive Marketing Mail again, but given the severity of damage caused by Hurricane Ian, it could be a considerable amount of time before an update is provided.
Nevertheless, RRD Postal Affairs will continue to monitor the situation and provide important updates as they become available. For questions please reach out to your RRD Account Representative or connect with RRD's Postal Affairs office: firstname.lastname@example.org
STAY IN THE KNOW.
SIGN UP FOR RRD POSTAL ALERTS.