Absolute Continuity Ensured as In-House Print Procurement Replaced | Pharma
Pharmaceutical giant saves millions with print production overhaul
A major pharmaceutical manufacturer embarked on a company-wide initiative to reduce costs, eliminate non-core business functions, and upgrade technologies.
Their in-house print procurement operation — responsible for managing $20 million worth of collateral and sales materials annually — was to be replaced by a single source print management provider.
The company wanted assurance that their place in the market would not be compromised during a transition. They also emphasized the importance of maintaining the integrity and quality of their printed materials.
Ensuring absolute continuity was key in RRD’s strategic response — a comprehensive solution included:
- Embedding talent and leveraging RRD’s off-site shared services hub, allowing the client to redirect internal resources elsewhere
- Assuming an active role in the planning, design, and project management of marketing collateral, sales materials, and other branded communications
- Leveraging RRD’s vast intellectual capital, on-site team, and integrated technology
- Implementing RRD’s proprietary technology tools to ensure low production costs
The client realized $4 million in annual savings — and the program implementation lasted just 60 days. Additional outcomes provided:
- 22 full-time supply chain managers reduced to a team of seven RRD print production specialists
- Maximum flexibility and reduced systemic production risks during peak demand
- Reduced cycle time
- Improved time-to-market
- Reduced overall costs through consultation in real-time
- Improved supply chain efficiency
- Full transparency in vendor bidding