Simplifying Complex Print Processes to Enable Better Communication with Physician Network
Slow, manual physician mailing
process for over 400,000
Deploy technology to improve
and approval processes
Manage client’s success with
a dedicated programmer
and project manager
A Global Leader Impacting the World's Health
Clinical expertise. Advanced technologies. Data and health information. The unique ability to meet the constantly evolving needs of a global healthcare marketplace. That’s the story of a U.S.-based health and well-being company providing medical benefits to members in all 50 states and over 130 countries around the world – and the focus of this RRD Healthcare Solutions client case study.
Taking too Long and Costing too much
Serving millions of individuals spread around the globe can create significant marketing and communications challenges. Specifically, this company produces over 400,000 separate physician contracts, amendments, term letters and ad hoc letters per year. Each campaign requires manual uploads of artwork and proofs, multiple levels of approvals and postcampaign performance reports.
This lengthy, cumbersome production chain required direct communication between individuals via traditional emails and phone calls. The process was systematically flawed as it lacked version control and chain of custody.
Hoping for a better, more streamlined process, the company turned to RRD Healthcare Solutions to take control of its physician mailing efforts – including production, delivery and internal processes – to improve efficiency and reduce overall costs.
Streamlining all Facets of Printed Marketing and Communications
After assessing the specific challenges facing the company, we recommended RRDCare, our healthcare specific technology platform to improve the submission, approval process, and status tracking of these small, one time mailings.
With one interface, RRDCare made it possible to enter all job information:
- Upload project specifications
- Attach MS Word, PDF, and mailing files
- Include expected delivery dates, comments, and PO numbers
Having a common interface that can be customized with a variety of order entry forms allowed the company to centralize the management of these one-time mailings across their enterprise.
Once loaded and accepted in RRDCare, the workflow engine of RRDCare took over and managed status updates, notifications, routing and approval of proofs, and comments. As a result, the client was able to eliminate the use of email related to the processing of these projects and now has a management interface for tracking jobs in a single place and running activity reports for historical data.
The company has streamlined their ability to produce targeted, ad hoc mail campaigns faster and more cost effectively. Throughout this partnership, RRD Healthcare Solutions has helped to:
- CREATE With a custom, centralized interface optimizing document composition, production management, insights and reporting.
- OPTIMIZE: By handling communications,approval processes and more through one interface it, greatly reduced the time it previously took to get work done.
- MANAGE: With a dedicated programmer and project manager assigned during deployment of RRDCare. These team members assisted with managing and producing critical mail projects and providing support for RRDCare as needed.
- DELIVER: By handling each step of the company’s physican mailing campaigns — from concept, to production to final delivery.
A Faster, More Cost-effective Way to Impact Health
Through our partnership and implementation of RRDCare, we’ve helped the company see significant improvements that have saved them both time and money:
Reduction of time