ALERT: RR Donnelley has changed logistics providers. Please read below for important updates to the pickup request process.
- As of November 2, 2023, Uber Freight has replaced TForce Worldwide as RRD’s approved logistics provider. The LTL and TL instructions, along with the Pickup Request form and BOL example, have been revised to reflect this change.
- The new process with Uber Freight closely resembles the old process with TForce Worldwide.
- The new pickup form is very similar to the old pickup form, however there are new fields that are REQUIRED:
- RR Donnelley Business Unit
- RR Donnelley Billable Plant ID
If you need assistance with the RRD Business Unit and Billable Plant ID, please reach out to your primary contact at RRD.
Updated November 20, 2023
This policy applies to all RRD Inbound and RRD routed shipments. All RRD approved (collect or 3rd party) customer routing instructions should still be adhered to.
Please pay close attention to the instructions on the RRD PO. If the PO dictates to utilize a specific carrier, you must ship via that carrier and disregard the routing instructions below. If you have any questions regarding the PO information, please contact the buyer listed on the RRD PO.
Ground Transportation for Continental United States, Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, and Canada:
Small Package Shipments
- Packages up to 250 LBS in weight, and within the parcel carrier’s dimensional requirements.
Primary Carrier: UPS
- The UPS account number should be on the PO that is supplied by the RRD facility requesting the order. If it is not, please request an account number.
- Small package air shipments: Follow the same direction as stated above.
- The RRD PO number must be applied to one of the reference fields of the parcel carrier’s shipment record.
LTL (Less than Truckload) Shipments
Heavy Weight Air Shipments and International Shipments
- Use of unapproved freight carriers: RRD Logistics reserves the right to charge back all freight cost charges incurred by using an unapproved carrier.
- First Violation: Charge back of all freight charges by non-approved carriers plus at our discretion, a claim for administrative expenses ($100.00) per occurrence.
- Second Violation: Charge back of all freight charges by non-approved carriers plus administrative expenses ($100.00) per occurrence.
- Third Violation: Charge back of all freight charges by non-approved carriers plus administrative expenses ($100.00) per occurrence and a $500.00 penalty.
- Repeated and flagrant violations may result in termination of our supplier relationship.
RRD Logistics Pickup Request Form:
- Carriers must be instructed to bill RRD in accordance with the procedure outlined in this document.
- RRD will not pay charges billed to the wrong account.
- Shipping charges will be billed by and paid to the approved carrier that shipped your product to our locations.
- RRD does not accept responsibility for chargebacks by a carrier resulting from mistakes your company may make in these billing instructions.
- Never send merchandise C.O.D. to any RRD or Customer location.
Bill of Lading Example