Web-to-Print Solution Supports Intuitive Call Center Workflow | Healthcare
Innovative tool turns call-center phone conversations into personalized letter to members
This healthcare organization provides a variety of comprehensive wellness services to its members. One program provides access to a call center staffed by nurses and clinicians. Callers can request printed materials about general health and wellness issues, condition management, and more.
However, the program lacked an efficient model for ordering and distributing its materials as well as auditing program effectiveness. Materials contained inconsistent messaging, and they were often delivered at the wrong time.
The client set out to develop an improved program that met all of their needs in one simple, effective model. Their main requirements included having the ability to:
- Manage order demand from either a CRM feed or through a web-based portal
- Control message consistency and allow for personalized information in member documents
- Utilize traditional printed kits and components, as well as secure and non-secure email channels
- Track all materials by recipient name and time requested
- Measure and audit program metrics to determine effectiveness
RRD Healthcare Solutions leveraged RRD’s web-to-print solution that was already part of the client’s existing technology platform — to support an intuitive question-and-answer wizard call center workflow. This workflow allowed the client to run simultaneous programs through its multiple business units.
Each workflow now guides call center reps through specific program information for each of the client’s major accounts. As call center reps speak with members or providers on the phone, they are guided by a series of questions. Based on their responses, callers are directed to pre-approved lists of highly relevant materials available for order.
The solution generates a personalized letter with details about the phone conversation. The letter is then kitted into a window envelope along with the requested materials for shipping. An automated batch kitting workflow system manages all variable printing and kit building daily.
The client required multichannel distribution. RRD leveraged the existing functionality of ConnectOne Storefront to send general health and wellness communications through non-secure email distribution. For higher-level PHI security needs, RRD interfaced with the client’s secure email platform through their web service API.
Key benefits of this solution include:
- Scalable technology that leverages an existing platform for both CRM and web-based order demand
- Centralized composition toolset to ensure consistency of messaging regardless of demand channel
- Integration with the client’s existing CRM application for push and pull of member and order data, achieving closed-loop accounting
- Centralized manufacturing and processing with a single print vendor to provide better and more consistent materials
- Automated kitting workflows to provide daily, consolidated kit processing for the highest manufacturing efficiency and economies of scale