Conference Organizer Utilizes End-to-End Materials Management | Events
RRD’s turnkey solution for event kits provides savings and convenience leading up to large-scale event
An organizer for a conference with 2,000+ delegates needed a solution for the procurement, production, kitting, storage, and delivery of delegate materials. They were lacking:
- Manpower to coordinate the event materials with sponsors
- A warehouse location for storing and kitting materials
- Means for on-time delivery to the conference venue
The event organizer was seeking a cost effective solution that included print capabilities for last-minute sponsors and for reprinting any damaged goods.
RRD worked with the conference organizer to provide a cost effective and end-to-end print, kitting, and logistics solution. Components of RRD’s event kit management included the following:
- Access to the RRD print manager via the website’s contact page to allow sponsors to coordinate their inserts directly
- Stored all event materials in RRD’s warehouse prior to kitting and delivery
- Inline production of 38 inserts, reducing costs for the individual sponsors
- Coordinated shipments of 31 preprinted inserts and tracked all items on behalf of the conference organizers
- Invoicing of each sponsor individually, further reducing the administration burden on the conference organizer
In the end, all materials were kitted, labeled, shipped with 100% accuracy, and delivered on time to the conference venue from RRD’s shipping hub.
RRD’s subject matter experts provided high-quality, proactive service and served as a confident, trusted resource and facilitator for presenter materials.